Monday, September 2, 2013

Conflict, Suffering, Change: The only way out is through... the Cross




My favorite Christian Minister, Dr Bruce Morgan, used to quote often:

The apparently unendurable conflict is proof of the rightness of your life.
A life without inner contradiction is either only half a life or else a life in the Beyond, which is destined only for angels.
- CG Jung in a Letter - here is the whole quote 

My experience has been:
When I keep coming before God with my questions, my unresolved yearnings, my pain...

Letting go of who I think I am in God, 
who I think God is, 
and where I think God has me to go and to do…

THEN I allow a Break-through to a new Reality,
in which I experience my wholeness, empowerment and peace in God, again.

I have found, when things become untenable, there is something
- within me, to break,
- within my inertial trajectory, to change.

When I am willing 
- to die, and
- allow God to resurrect me,
miracles happen.

Until then, I suffer, suffer, suffer.

The conflict, and even the suffering, 
is a Gift from Life, from God.

It grabs me by the neck, 
and Forces me to Pay Attention, 
to Shift;

When I Never, Never, Never 
would have shifted/ changed/ let-go, otherwise.

.
I want to come to my unique wholeness / maturity in God. 
Engage my Unique Process of Soul Maturity, Teleios.   
Realize who I am in God, in my body, life, world...

I ALSO enjoy being 
comfortable in myself, 
accepted in my world, and 
flowing with unconscious inertia in my life...

Painful conflict within myself, 
and in my outer expereince, 
is Life's, God's Dark Gift to me:
  • to help me choose, again and again,
  • to take the tough road, the unimaginable road,
  • to choose the Way that leads me outside "the camp" ... and into the "heart of God".

Blessings on your unique journey in God
- wendy


Follow-up to this conversation here.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment